Question
Posted by: suicidal | 2013-01-27

Post-Hemorrhoidectomy Problem

In August 2011 I went to a doctor/surgeon to ask about a little blood I noticed in my stool (no pain whatsoever) –  after an examination, he said I have hemorrhoids and needs to remove them  he mentioned that it will take about two weeks to recover fully (this was a complete lie). Had the operation in September 2011  had a lot of pain for about 3 months.

Three months after surgery, there was still blood and pain, so I went to another doctor/surgeon –  went for colonoscopy and he removed some more hemorrhoids …  afterwhich things got a little bit better…  (no blood anymore) was prescribed Asacol for 6 months.

In September 2012, I went back because there was a constant “ pressure”  feeling in my rectum, when sitting its even worse. We did another colonoscopy and he gave me Asacol which I’ ve been using ever since, but still have this uncomfortable pressure-like feeling in my rectum (like when you want to go to the bathroom) this pressure feeling seems to be worse when faeces are in this specific area in my rectum/colon. When my there is nothing in my colon/rectum, there is no pressure/pain feeling though.

Now, I’ m no doctor, but I’ m pretty sure that this constant uncomfortable feeling is as result of the first surgery because I went from zero pain, to my current state.

I really cant live like this for the rest of my life (I’ m 32). Please will you tell me who is the correct (best) doctor who specialise in this type of problem. I don’ t care where in South Africa he/she is, but I need to see the BEST person for this who can give me my life back. It’ s a horrible experience to go through and would like to have this sorted out (if its even possible). I want things to be the same it was.

(please don’ t tell me about high fibre diets, exercise etc…  I’ m very fit, nowhere near overweight –  I’ ve done my homework for over a year now and still there is this problem) I stay very far from the large cities where one can find a good doctor.

n