Posted by: Harry | 2009-01-16

Post gyn activity

Friday is one of the days I go to the gym usually about 15-30mins after I got to the pub for a few pints with mates, is there any effect of the alcohol on my muscles, I know it wouldnt exactly help them grow but would it damage them in any way?

Hi Harry

No, as long it's only in moderation. There's certainly nothing I can think of that would suggest that it would be detrimental or harmful. Alcohol is a diuretic, which means you lose water when you drink alcohol, so you might find that you're a little thirstier than usual, and that's not really good, but for the muscles, there's no long term damage, provided you drink moderately (though this is for other health benefits too).