Posted by: ola | 2010-03-24

post gallbladder

Hi Doc,

My gallbladder was removed in August 2008. I have not been following any proper diet since then or taking any supplements and am overweight (have always been).
I have not had any abnormal symptoms since the op.
For the past week or so I am experiencing a slightly bitter taste in my mouth (only at times), am having heartburn at night, makes a poo +- 3-4 times a day and some days pass more gas than usual.
Has these symptoms got anything to do with the gallbladder that was removed?

It is more likely that your symptoms are due to gastric reflux. Try using Gaviscon Advanced, three times daily before meals and start a determined effort to loose weight. You should however, consult your GP for an examination and possible gastroscopy.