Posted by: KirstyN | 2009-06-29

Post egg donation oopsie

I donated eggs anonymously through a program last week Thursday and my husband and I had a romantic evening on Saturday (which included wine etc), one thing led to another and oops, we had sex and according to my donor coordinator we should still continue with abstinence... now... this worries me as I want to know if I can fall pregnant after the eggs were retrieved last week, I' m really panicking and need an answer on this as I feel too stupid to contact Vitalab and tell them my mistake. Is there a chance that I can fall pregnant so soon after they took the eggs out? HELP!

I agree with Anonymous.

If the eggs were retrieved on Thursday then its unlikely that there would have been any viable eggs left on Saturday (either they would have been too mature or they may have collected all the eggs so you dont need to worry). Did you have Lucrin as a trigger? If you did then its unlikely that a fertilised egg would be able to implant as Lucrin makes you shed your lining quicker than a normal cycle. There is obviously still a possibility that you can fall pregnant. Im a donor egg recipient (also at Vitalab) and just want to say thank you for donating eggs, its a wonderful thing that you have done.