Posted by: lungiswa | 2012-07-25

Post depression

5 months ago my husband went through a long depression, work and stress related and maybe family related too. We have two children. His depression lasted over six months, where he took some anti-pressive medication and saw a psychologist. This was the toughest period in our marriage. To see my husband suffer daily, suicidal thoughts. This left taking caring of the whole family, even though he was on a three months break from work. He could not take part in the family responsibilities. So I was left to take care of the children, my studies and the household. Now he is past the depression phase, no medication, no psychologist. Things should be back to normal,you think ? not really. I am left feeling fed up and tired of taking care of things and wish more for his emotional participation on our marriage, especially on talking about what we went through. He seems happy alone. Our daily life consist of just existing around one another, not really talking about the stuff that we know bothers us. But I feel, I could not be bothered anymore. I feel drained and even consider moving out. Someone suggested I should speak to our GP.

It is very unfortunate to hear about your situation. I suggest that you speak to your husband and convince him to attend couples counselling.