Posted by: BMJ | 2011-08-02

Post asthma attack

Ref to post1364

Dear Doc
Since writing that post I had a severe asthma attack. I went to my gp''s emergency rooms and was given some injections and nebulised. He also gave me some oral cortisone and antibiotics. I just want to check if it is normal to feel so weak and exhausted after an attack. My lungs feel bruised. I am able to breathe, but it is sore and I cant do anything or have much of a conversation. My body is shaking and I have pains in my shoulders. Is it from the medication or the attack? I cant remember what was in the injections but I know the nebuliser was duolin,. Meds prednisone and klacid.

Yes, it is normal to feel drained after an asthma attack but it is abnormal to experience these symptoms for such a long period after your attack. I strongly suggest that you re-consult your doctor for an examination and possible tests.

Posted by: BMJ | 2011-08-02

Doc,also want to add that I am feeling very tearful and emotional -

Reply to BMJ