Question
Posted by: dw | 2011/11/03

post 891

I spoke to him last night about his clothes etiquette and he took huge offence, he actually put the phone down on me!!! He said he happened to like that shirt, but when you wear it to go fishing and to take your girlfriend out for dinner, I dont care how much you like a shirt....change it!!!! This all sounds trivial, but the thing I dont understand, it that I must make HUGE amendments and acceptances in my life with him i.e. accept his kids and become a step mom, put up with the ex''s psycho behaviour but the little things that will make me happy i.e. opening my car door and putting on a nice shirt is just the end of the world. I think I know what I need to do regarding this relationship.

Never mind even SMS or e0mail, these are the sort of conversations that MUST be done face to face, and calmly. Sad if there's only one shirt in the world he likes. Hope it never gets lost in the wash !
I think you know what to do. Remember, guys with an ex, often have excellent reasons why their ex chose to be an ex. They may be innocent, but not always. He likes a comfortable old shirt, and not to change his habits ; he likes a comfortable old relationship, too, which doesn't ask him to change his habits, either. He doesn't sound compatible with what you want, does he ?

2
Posted by: Ty | 2011/11/03

Hi dw
leave him and tell him once he is willing to compromise in the relationship he can contact you again

Reply to Ty