Question
Posted by: Suzanne | 2011-10-24

Post 857- Valdoxane

My Dr wanted me to sleep well, that''s what he told me. But I think I was becoming a bit psychotic, I was talking to myself e.g.
He is very strict about the sick leave and won''t book me off again. When I spoke to him about the Insomnia on Friday he said I sounded better. But as a matter of interest, my colleagues, who does not know about the admission asked me today if I''m feeling okay, because I don''t look like myself. It was interesting that someone with no idea of what is going on noticed the " discrepancy" . I have a full 2 weeks ahead at work and need to start getting my head wrapped around the work. I can''t afford to take more time off. My manager was supportive the first time round. I don''t think she will be this supportive if I take more time off. She already played down my symptoms when she visited me in hospital. Only to acknowledge that I DO look less tired than when I was in hospital the previous week. I know now that I should have taken last week off when it was quiet. But, it is too late for that.

I don't understand his "strictness" about sick leave - if he initially though 2 weeks was reasonable, OK, he may be disappointed that you ignored his advice on this and took only one week - but now you'd be agreeing he was right, and only returning to what he originally suggested, not asking for extra ? But anyhow, if you feel that extra time off will create more problems for you, I suppose you can continue at work.
Stay on the Valdoxane, anyhow. Its commonly the case that as depression improves, other people notice it before the individual notices it herself, and a bit later it becomes obvious to her, too.

1