Question
Posted by: Rose | 2011-02-07

Post 766

Thank you to every one for your reply i do apreciate it as i did start to bame myself for all this, i am heart broken to think that i will be leaving soon it is verry hard but on the other hand i cannot go on like this it is getting too much to handle

Att G - it isnt really early in this relationship, we have been together for 7 years and he is the father of my child, and that makes it even more difficult

Unfortunatly i dont feel good to atmit this but i am dependant on him for financial reasons as my salary will not cover much especially with a child

Some of you might think why did it take me 7 years to realise this? well it only started when we got engaged a year ago and it gradually got worse

Thanks again for all your input

,,,,,

9

,,,,,

Posted by: Fret | 2011-02-07

So we agree she gets her ducks in a row and leaves as cybershrink advised and it is never a good idea to stay in an abusive relationship because of money?

Reply to Fret
Posted by: G | 2011-02-07

I am not encouraging her to stay all I am saying is that some woman cant just up and leave. If you read my post correctly you will see its says " If you have to stay with him for a bit before you get yourself sorted....." 

Reply to G
Posted by: Fret | 2011-02-07

So on the basis that not all of them do she should stay in an an untenable situation...........
Cybershrink has already advised she get all her ducks in a row before she leaves ie POWA.
Why are you so keen she stays, bearing all for the sake of the child is not an emotionally or academically good reason to stay.
The child will not benifit from seeing her mother trated direspectfully

Reply to Fret
Posted by: G | 2011-02-07

Yes, but not all of them do...

Reply to G
Posted by: Fret | 2011-02-07

lf the father can pay when in the relationship he can pay when she leaves - and l have been exactly in her position emotionally and finacially

Reply to Fret
Posted by: G | 2011-02-07

Fret you have obviously not been in a situation where you just have enough money for rent and nothing else, cant buy food, cant pay school fees etc and please dont tell me the father can pay these things.

This is the real world, sometimes a Mother just has to bear it for the sake of a roof over her kids heads.

Reply to G
Posted by: Fret | 2011-02-07

Money is not an excuse, you will still get maintenance for the child even if you are not married.
Just leave him,rather be poor and happy than rich and in an abusive relationship.

Reply to Fret
Posted by: G | 2011-02-07

I do understand were you coming from, its so difficult for a single mother to survive these days. If you have to stay with him for a bit before you get yourself sorted try and speak to him about how you feeling, maybe speak to his mother or a family member of his that can speak to him and explain things from an outsiders point of view.

Also, do you not have family you can depend on to help if you want to get out now?

Reply to G