Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/10/30

Post 671 - Side Effects

Thanks very much for the advice. I phoned the Psychiatric Clinic''s pharmacy and luckily they are open to the public too. They have at least a month''s stock. But I will take them only in the mornings. I can''t really afford another type of Parkinson''s drug on the benefits I''ve got left. Orphenidrine (same as in Norflex Co) makes me feel drugged.
You are always so helpful. I will definately type out my problems.
But you do agree it is bothersome. Yesterday I discussed something with my manager and had to send a reply (around 9:00), when I had to leave the office at 12:00 she asked me if I replied, I totally forgot. Worst is, by the time I got home I could not remember at all what needed to be said!
You are perfectly right that I have this memory problem in the mornings. Although the problem with finding words persist during the day. I used to be good in languages. These days I keep on doubting my spelling and cannot find words when I want to speak English. I''ve been on Dormonoct for a year now, but it only became noticibale now because I think the fact that I''m taking Seroguel 25mg at 18:00 for sleep as well is contributing to the problem. I was on Riivotril, but the psychiatrist at the other hospital accused me that I was addicted to it. Anyway, my psychologist says my facial expressions are back again since I stopped it. So, I don''t really want to go back onto it. Especially not a 2mg dose. Maybe the Seroquel is the culprit here? I''ve been struggling to sleep lately, I suspect it is due to workstress. I have double to amount of work than my colleagues - mostly because my projects are overlapping. The one already needed to be finished and the other was not supposed to be so high recruiting. Plus I had an audit last week. Lucklily I will be going on leave in 3 weeks. Even though I was off sick the whole June while being hospitalized. I''ve got the best boss in the world. She organized my hospitalization and is really trying to help me cope with my workload. Thanks so much for your grat advice

GOod to hear you've made more progress here, S. The fact that anti-Park drugs are old ones ( I don't recall a new one for ages ) may make them harder to find at any particular pharmacy, but often means there may be generic and hence cheaper versions available.
When one's memory gets a bit dodgy, its usually helpful to make Lists. Of course when you start losing your Lists, that can be difficult !
While you still remembered what you intended to put in a report, jot the main points down quickly.
Discuss with your doc whether you need Dormonocy ( remember not to stop it abruptly if you stop at all ) AND the Sinequan at night.
When one is experiencing dificulty getting to sleep, its ofen the worying about that and battling to force oneself to sleep, that keeps one awake. I find it helps to stop worrying, put the light on and catch up on some reading, or boring chores ( but nothing particularly physical ) until one feels drowsy again. And sometimes if one tries to insist on staying awake, one gets drowsy rather quickly !

1