Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012-04-23

Post 651

Regarding the Cortisone, Yes, he is sure that there is no alternative. For the neck spasms I''ve tried all the anti inflammatories on the market, together with muscle relaxants. I''ve taken Trepiline, which he says should have helped and also had several Voltaren injections. Now that Discovery has grouped ALL the Allied Health Professionals under one benefit, I cannot afford more than the R6000 I spent on Chiropractors and Physiotherapists.What is left of it will not be enough for my Psychologists sessions! Thanks again Discovery! I could have probably continued with the intensive physio, but my medication and Allied Health Professionals benefit was just getting exhausted. And there is no other way to deal with low back pain associated with the facets, it simply needs a facet block. I''ve had the block in 2007 and only needed it now again, same with the trigger point injections. It is VERY effective for chronic pain. I trust the guy completely, if he thinks it is nessecary he will do it, but if he thinks the pain can be managed in another way, he will tell you. I worked with him in Bloemfontein when I stayed there almost 5 years ago now.

And true, people can really spoil a good thing. I really appreciate your site. You are the only expert that actually bothers to answer in a reasonable time and puts thought into your responses, expcept the Dog Behaviour Expert, she is also quite helpful But at least I''ve found a community of fellow Bipolars from overseas who are very supportive and I can relate to their stories. I''ve lost quite a few relationships during my last episode, which has never happened to me before, and then I found out that it is a common thing. Most of us struggle with that. Nobody calls you demanding on that site, they just support. And you support them back.

Well, they call it Discovery, but maybe they should warn you about what you might Discover ?
I am absolutely delighted to discover I rank with the Dog behaviour Expert ! GOod to be keeping such excellent company !

1