Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/05/14

Post 617

Hi, I think we are not communicating clearly. Or I did not express myself clearly. The paindoc can possibly do the trigger points with only local anesthetic. It was discussed, but in order to get the best results he needs to add the cortisone. Discovery pays for a maximum of 2 conservative back/neck treatments a year. And I need to make this one count. I''m already on Geodon. And in my previous admissions, which were 4 were given Zyprexa IM. Geodon works better to bring me down. I can''t remember what I wrote in the other post, but I''m already not well. Since the previous inj my spending has increased, I''m ver talkative, I don''t sleep (max3 hrs per night). I was in Cape Town and overreacted terribly over emails and suggestions I wanted a meeting with my manager ASAP. Luckily she was not available. And luckily my Psycologist had an emergency appointment for me on zthursday. I upped my Epitec again, 3rd time this year. But it took me 17 minutes to get home, a drive that usually takes 40+ mins. In the evening on a dark road. I myself can see I''m not stable. I''ve been depressed the whole weekend, drugging myself with everything I have
Just to sleep. I''ve been at it with discovery, who''s auth system has been down the whole day. It''s my third episode this year. If he''s not positive for the injections, and he doesn''t bother to evaluate me, and he has no other suggestions from letting this spiral further out of control? What am I doing with him? And why do I still bother motivating for treatment that I need. I''ve had this disease for half my life. At least allow me to give my input in my treatment regime. I don''t feel like phoning him again and telling him my life is falling apart. He seems to enjoy it. I need another out.

OK, maybe I did at one time co-direct a pain clinic, but this is now out of my field as regards the latest developments and techniques, so its really only with your pain doc that you can discuss his plans, and their advantages and disadvantages.
And h is presumably also an expert at wrestling with DIscovery about payments, which is a separate speciality itself. And maybe, if your problems straddle two areas of expertise, you might encourage each specialist to talk to the other ?
I doubt that your doc would be pleased to hear that you feel everything's falling apart, but you're helping him to not be able to take his responsiobility to help you sort all this out.

1