Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/02/27

Post 545

So, I saw the new Shrink today. Is it normal to feel a bit anxious about him. He did a full history, which I thought was good. But he''s not my previous Shrink (who I don''t want to go back to, I am too devastated by his inaction about my reduced dose). He just made me feel a bit insecure in that he was not so confident in suggesting treatment options. I think I might be too complicated for him? He asked me several times if I was ever manic. I think I was twice, but he did not seem convinced. How else would I have ended up on 3 Moodstabilisers and had 4 hospital admissions in 2.5 years? Not just by being irritable. Which I agree is my main symptom along with shopping. Please help me to feel more relaxed about this shrink. He was highly recommended, so he must be good. After debating, he put me back on my original dose of Geodon. And asked me if I feel comfortable with it.
And I hope my relationship with my manager is restored after a chat Friday morning. Even though she is distant again today. I''m just over sensitive. I''ll leave you in peace now. Got an appointment with my Psychologist in 11 days. And lots of work to do.

Everyone feels a bit anxious when seeing a new shrink - or a new work colleague, or whatever. Maybe its a good sign that he is a bit cautious now when taking over a complex situation, rather than pig-headedly rushing into new ideas without carefully thinking them through. He may need to contact your previous doc for information about your previous episodes, especially those that involved admissions. I'm pleased that he wanted to be sure about manic episodes - I find some docs rush to diagnose bipolar disorder wven when there's not much evidence of real manic episodes.
As you recognize, you are a bit hypersensitive at present, and should soon be able to make peace with your new shrink, and manager.
Things sound promising.

1

Things sound promising.