Question
Posted by: dawn | 2012-03-08

post 491

Regarding my previous post. All my life I have been treated by guys this way by all they wanting is sex and a purely superficial relationship. I want an emotional meaningful relationship. How do I go about it? Do I just take one day at a time with this guy and not fight it, go with the flow, see where it leads and not push things? I really like him and that is why I cant understand why he is taking it so slow. He is affectionate with me but doesnt make a move!!

Unfortunately, you've been meeting the wrong sort of guys, maybe in situations in which they were most likely to be there and expecting the same thing.
Proper emotional relationships take time, to get to know someone, audition them, as it were. Not to be in a hurry. And in this case, just tell him, calmly and pleasantly, that you find you are really growing to like him, but he's leaving you unsure of how he feels about you. And see what he says

2
Posted by: Obvious | 2012-03-08

Cybershrink is wrong he is not leaving you unsure about how he feels about you but treating you with respect. lf you expect or demand that a man needs to have sex with you too prove his feelings you are kidding yourself that you are ready for an emotionally meaningful relationship...........

ln your last post you state you have only been seeing each other for 5 weeks. Few men would be willing to commit in such a short time. lf you are finding this frustrating maybe go back to one night stands and allow this guy his freedom to find an emotionally mature partner who appreciates being treated with respect.

Reply to Obvious