Question
Posted by: Sanet | 2012/02/15

Post 479 - Reduction of Benefits - progress at last

Discovery finally came to their senses. There was a very helpful lady in the executive office who immediately took my case to the Clinical Team and motivated for the Geodon after I put them on Hellopeter. Within less than 24 hours, without a Dr''s motivation she went through my history and said that she can see I was well controlled on the Geodon and motovated for the approval. Progress at last.
You were right about the timing of the meds. I took the Geodon, Topamax and Rivotril at 6pm and then the Dormonoct and Valdoxane at bedtime and slept better than I did in ages.
I want to stay on the reduced dose of Geodon until I see the new shrink on the 27th, or should I go back up to 120mg?
Thanks for all your help and support.

Great to hear Discovery finally came to their senses - Medical Aids just MUST recogni9ze that where a more expensive drug prevents a relapse and cheaper alternatives don't, the more expensive drug works out as MUCH cheaper. An ineffective drug is highly expensive, whatever the price.
And once again, Hellopeter proves invaluable ! Hats off to Peter !
I can't comment on the dosage ; maybe it depends on whether you are showing increasing signs of an upswing into hypomania, in which case the higher dose you were on before might be wise. Maybe those signs have diminished, if they were due more to your anxiety about the medical aid hassles.
Pleased to hear my suggestion about the timing of the meds has helped - discuss this with your new shrink, as maybe one other could usefully be taken earlier, too

1