Question
Posted by: H | 2011-01-21

Post 47 contin...

Hi. I was put on 5 days of antibiotics and 5 days of cortisone (6 tablets once a day). From experience with my daughter in the past with an ENT she was put onto a long course of antibiotics as well as varying amounts of prednisone over some time as well. I wonder if this would work better for me. I get sinus and first doc (month ago) said sinus infection and ear infection. Second doc 2 weeks ago said sinus and pressure and drip in my ear.My head also aches at the back.Thank you so much!!!

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear H

One generally treats ear related infections for up to 10 days, as the bloodsupply to the area is poor. The main thing in an adult would be to give the ear enough time on medication before you suggest grommets, as the adult ear is more likely to clear up than that of a child's.