Question
Posted by: M | 2010/03/02

Post 4663

CS. To answer your question. He feels that if I should leave him, he would like to have more children wih his new wife. He also says that he cannot " waste"  his sperm. I have asked him to be strerilised, but you are right, he refused. The GP advised me not to use hormonal contraception.

My opinion is that by not using contraception he is trying to control me. What could be better than having your wife pregnant, then she will find it so much harder to leave. It is just my opinion, doesnt mean it is the truth.

Absolutely right he is trying to control you - in a highly old-fashioned and sexist way.
If he really feels that his sperm is so sacred that every one must be saved, he should open an account at a sperm bank.
That it is your opinion doesn't necessisarily mean it's the truth ( though it is ) but it doesn't make it automatically false either. One of the huge burdens Africa carries are these antique male attitudes about their invaluable sperm and the need to have as many children as possible.

1