Question
Posted by: Emily | 2010/02/03

Post 4383 and state facilities

Dear Cybershrink

Yes I agree (you have to refer back to post 4383)
But you find a state facility that does not go by your pay-slip. Even if you are stoney broke and the bottom line looks OK to them (irrespective of circumstances) you have to pay the minimum they set which goes by your bottom line figure. JOKE. Except I am sure I am not the only one laughing.

Try to get maintenance from your sons with no money to do it. How? You have to earn BELOW a certain amount to get legal aid. No go here. Online free advice, yes sure until you get to the part where you must tick a check-box to confirm what you will pay by credit card.

I just feel so depressed. Heck, what happened to swapping talents i.e. I' ll cut your hair if you cook me this meal and so on. Do lawyers do pro-bono cases for people that are working and earnings but quite frankly stuffed to be blunt?

How can my mother of 68 who is not well go and stand in whatever queue for hours on end trying to obtain some relief? Or must I take off work (that I may lose because I am battling to concentrate) to go with her? People her age are a bit out of touch with the law, just like the rest of us really.

It just sucks.

Sorry, I can't refer back to posts by number 000 in the admin section where I work, the messages are unnumbered, and once I have responded to them, I can't easily go back through them.
As I said, any good law school should have a free law clionic staffed by bright-eyed and bushy-tailed senior students. And I remember some time back the Law Society announced a scheme where people could get one free initial consultation ( perhaps arranged through the Law Society ? ) with a private lawyer, at least enouh time to briefly summarize your case, and get an estimate of what sort of solution might be posible, and what that might cost or how else it might be financed.
And it's not us who are out of touch with the law - it's the law which is sadly out of touch with us, and with reality in general. But then look at the guys who make the laws !

1