Question
Posted by: Lily | 2011/11/30

Post 435

I did go for an exam, Dr did find that my thyroid had inflammation, but the sonar of it and blood test were fine, cortisol was also tested. So of it''s not the thyroid, what else could it be? As I do eat right (Weighless) and exercise when I can, but are still gaining weight.. Is there anything else he should test for?

Dear Lily
If you are the Reader who has been taking over-the-counter slimming pills for so many years, then I am glad to hear that this has not had an effect on your thyroid or adrenal glands. Other potential problem areas associated with unexplained weight gain are insulin resistance which affects blood glucose and insulin, as well as female hormones and polycystic ovary syndrome. What treatment did the dr suggest for your thyroid inflammation? There could also be other factors such as stress and depression that are causing your weight gain. First see if increasing your physical activity and using the Weigh-Less diet strictly does not help you to lose the weight you have gained. If you continue to gain weight after another month, it may be necessary to consult an Endocrinologist (dr who spcialises in hormonal problems). But give the diet a chance and increase your exercise first.

1

Dear Lily