Question

Post 4129 Reply Long and Short of it

Well, we are going out but have not yet confirmed a relationship. We will. The thing is, I have "  known"  this man for a year or longer (we do biz with his company) so we have seen each other enough to "  size each other up"  so to speak. I need a nice and loving person. My ex as I said is gorgeous and takes, but is economical in what he gives back emotionally. I imagine this is how Black and White people used to feel and some probably do still. Another good friend said to me that tall and short men experience the same emotions. I think I have my answer, I just wonder why people have to be so judgemental i.e. friends. So far this man treats me like a princess (and I treat him with the upmost respect) besides which my mom said rather be an older man'  s darling than a young man'  s slave.And we have a great time together.

The one thing that is often too short, is life, not people.
And the people who are being judgemental are SMALL people, which is far, far worse than being short or tall.

3

You are 100% right and I am glad that you have had 16 years together and you are obviously happy. People are so judgmental, but most likely they are also unhappy. And you are right getting a real man with real values is the key. I am pretty sure I have hit the jackpot...my maths is bad (we have calculators and pc' s right), and what he can' t reach I will (or there are ladders and stools, right)!

As for my freinds I feel that if they can judge a person just like that maybe they are not true friends anyway. Of course they agree he is a lovely person. And I saw him last night again he is well built and does not exactly take me up to my knees. And just so cute and so very nice, a real gentleman. So, as you say, who cares!!!

Posted by: Bee | 2009/10/28

Enjoy your relationship. Gosh, life is too short and its hard enough getting a real man, never mind a man with values and success.
My husband and I are both coloured, but I am very fair (am mistaken for white) and my husband looks indian. We have been stared at for 16 years, but it doesnt bother us. At the end of the day, there is only the two of you in the relationship, no one else.

Reply to Bee