Question
Posted by: ditzi | 2008/07/22

post 1844 refer

My parents live in a small town in the Eastern Cape (Somerset East). Thank you for your interest and a referral would be appreciated. I feel bad enough as it is because I am unable to assist them financially and it is dreadful to see the deterioration in my once bubbly and intelligent mum.

Hi Ditzi

F Badenhorst Neurologist 021 930 4493/4, Panorama
John Gardiner Neurologist 021 762 2520
Prof Brian Kies Neurologist 021 404 3201
S Kesler Neurologist 021 683 3033
Felix Potocnik Psyciatrist 021 940 4470/1
Marius Steyn Psyciatrist 021 592 3570
Karien Botha Psyciatrist 021 872 9146
F.J. Hugo Psyciatrist 021 930 2177, Panorama

Dr Potocnik is at Tygerberg, Prof Kies at Grootte Schuur, the other are all private doctors.

All trials are supposed to be registered on this site so this is also a source of information for you:
http://www.sanctr.gov.za/InvestigatorbrnbspInformation/tabid/171/Default.aspx
Go SA clinical trials, nervous system diseases, Alzheimers
Hope you find one that is suitable for your mom - they will have to see if she fits the inclusion criteria of a study first!