Question
Posted by: Lee | 2011-06-20

Post 169 more info

Hi she is a jack russel and the father is a daschund. she is 2,5 years old

Hi Lee
The average gestation (pregnancy) period for a dog is around 63 +/- 4-5 days. If you use a premium dog food you will have no need to supplement the diet - please check what is available at your local Vet Shop/Veterinary Practice.

There is a lot of information regarding pregnancy and birth protocols/husbandry on the internet and I would advise that you research this information with due diligence in preparation for the birth. If you need further information then contact your local friendly vet.

2
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-06-23

Hi Lee

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Chill | 2011-06-20

Thanks for the info.

Technically, there shouldn''t be too much problem - but my earlier advice still stands, your vet should monitor progress, and should advise you what to look out for, and under what circumstances to contact him.

Please also take care of the nutrition bit - the puppy food thing should do the trick, it''s the variant designed to support growth and correct development, so you''ll end up with healthier puppies as well as a healthier mom.

Reply to Chill