Question
Posted by: Nic | 2010-12-22

Post 1437

Hello doctor, I am now in quite bad pain and no-one seems to have any answers, The pain radiates from my midline down into my pelvis (diffuse pain I think its called) and is terrible upon urinating and when not urinating. I went back to a new GP yesterday as urologist is not available and my normal GP is away. She says its my bowel and prescribed scopex which does nothing. The urispas is not working too well either anymore. I stil have occult blood in the urine, but no infection I cannot concentrate at work due to the pain. Could I possibly have had peritonitus or a perforation / leakage for the past 4 weeks without knowing it? as I read that when lying down the pain is reduced is a big help (its the only thing that seems to work)? I am thinking of going to the ER to get someone to assist as I dont feel right about this. (I am on anti-anxiety meds already at night). How does one know who to call to get an appt with if you dont know what the trouble actually is? I would also like to let you know I am no hypochondriac (I only see a doctor when I really need to - like once every 5 years!). Thank you doctor.

Hallo Nic
Peritonitis or perforation would cause acute pain, you would not be able to stand up straight, you will have fever and nausea and your abdomen will be almost too tender to touch.
The best way to go about this is to see a doctor at ER/GP, let them examine you and do abdominal x/ray to exclude perforation, and do a white cell count to exclude peritonitis. With internal examination they can determine if the pain is from the uterus, bladder or bowel.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-12-22

Hallo Nic