Question
Posted by: Lilly | 2011-12-01

Post 1307

Thank you for your reply regarding my question on Flomist and Reuterina Femme.

I would like to know if there is anything else I can use for hayfever that is safe during pregnancy.

I get terrible hayfever and I also suffer from asthma. So, I need something to help me get through!! Can I safely use my Venteze inhaler for the asthma?

Lilly

Unfortunately, Venteze is not tested during pregnancy and I can therefore, not safely confirm that you can use it during pregnancy. Cortico-steroid inhalers and nasal sprays have a local effect and is probably safe during pregnancy but once again, the manufacturers do not test it during pregnancy.

It is important to control your allergies and asthma. I recommend that you consult your gynaecologist and ask him/her to prescribe medication that they are familiar with.