Posted by: stressed out MOM | 2009-02-20

Post 1240 - lying 8 yr old SO WORRIED

Thanks for all your feedback it helped a lot I made an appointment with a professional on Tuesday she first wants to see me and then on Wednesday she will see my son I am so worried and concerned about what the outcome will be because yesterday my son made up a story that the teacher found headlice in his hair but I know its not true as the teacher would have told me and he also made a story that hes stomach is cramping this morning So my instincts tell me that there is something or someone at the school that makes him not wanting to go I just PRAY to God that its not serious

Sounds like an excellent plan. THis is probably not something terribly serious --- perhaps some bullying at school ---and will probably be soon sorted out. Presumably she is being thorough in wanting to see you and get clear all your concerns about the boy, so she will know exactly what to explore when she sees the boy himself. I'm sure this will work out --- and look forward to hearing further progress from you