Question
Posted by: Worried | 2008/08/01

Possibly worms?

I have had a much larger appetite than normal for the last few weeks and after a meal I don' t feel full. I sometimes get a pain in my stomach similar to hunger pains and it often seems to get worse after I have eaten. I have been quite bloated and have a lot of flatulence especially after a meal.
I checked the toilet and found small white things (about 1cm) in my stool like something had not digested properly. (It wasn' t something that appeared to be alive).
I do not have any itching.
Please could you tell me if this sounds like worms or something else and what I should take for it?
Thank you in advance

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

It is possible that you have a gastric ulcer and you will therefore, have to have a gastroscopy done. I also suggest that you de-worm yourself by taking a once off D-Worm tablet that is available at your pharmacy.

Kind regards