Posted by: Anon | 2008-12-05

Possibly pregnant? what are the chances

I have a 3 month old &  suspect i might be pregnant again. My periods returned 5-6 weeks after my baby' s birth &  were regular the past 2 months. We had an accident (condom broke, long story short), this was 2 days after my last cycle had ended. They usually come every 28 days on the spot (before i fell pregnant with my baby) . I expected them to come 1 December , to date there'  s nothing (4 days late). I am breastfeeding still. Could i be pregnant? I am scared to test as this was totally unplanned.

The only way to know is to test. Breastfeeding can keep periods away though.

Posted by: T | 2008-12-05

I think it' s unlikely, considering that you were not ovulating yet (2 days after period). And periods may be irregular for a while after giving birth especially if you' re not on the pill. But Deb' s right, you may need to take a test to check.

Reply to T
Posted by: deb | 2008-12-05

it is possible, it happened to me. they say you most fertile after giving birth. maybe do a preg test just to check.
good luck

Reply to deb