Question
Posted by: Satsujin | 2012/03/08

Possible vaginismus?

My wife seems to experience pain when i try to insert my penis into her vagina. I suspect vaginismus but she can use tampons freely, i have had fingers and even a banana inserted in there without any complaint. The problem only seems to arise during intercourse with me. Could it be vaginismus or some related condition? Please advise.

It can be vaginismus. It can be a psychological connotation with a penis or sex. Perhaps her upbringing were so conservative that she feels guilty. Discuss this with your doctor who can diagnose it or phone SASHA helpline (0860 100 262) for a therapist close to you. Deidre - SASHA

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2012/03/10

Reply to sexologist