Question
Posted by: Katherine25 | 2011-06-20

possible ulcer?

Hello

A few weeks ago I went to see a doctor and was told that I had a really bad acid build up due to stress. HE gave me some tablets and it went away for a while but it seesm to be back with a vengance. I have a burning sensation from just about by my sternum and it just won''t go away. I have been waking up at night with this pain. Should I go back to the doctor? I am scared of it causing an ulcer. The burning feels almost like when you have not eaten but is a lot more painful.
Thank-you
Katherine

Katherine

I strongly suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy, in order to exclude a gastric ulcer or reflux. In the interim you can use Gaviscon Advanced, 20ml, three times daily, after meals.