Possible side effects of Mirena?

I' m 30 years old, and had the Mirena inserted in May 2007, after my third child. Had some spotting in the beginning, but it soon settled down. I know that a lot of people have different opinions about this form of birth control, but for me it seems th best option. I really want it to work. The problem is that lately I get these sharp pains in my tummy specially when I have slept and get up. I also have a period from time to time, very light and not bothering me at all, but I' ve noticed that a day of two before my one breast quite sensitive, and my whole body aches. It starts in my lower back, and before long I feel like I' m coming down with flu, just until my period starts, and then I feel better. Could all this be related to my IUD?

The pain is unlikely to be relatd to the Mirena. Intermittent bleeding with some premenstrual symptoms is quite common.