Question
Posted by: Confused | 2011/11/09

Possible pregnancy

We got tested by a fertility specialist in September and my hubby''s semen test results were quite bad, low sperm count and a 4% morphology. The doctor also said i might also not be ovulating. We''ve been trying for almost 3 years now. My last period was in Sept, we did a home pregnancy test which gave a faint positive. Now we are confused since we were told to do ivf as normal conception was not possible. Could there be something wrong? Am even scared to go to a doctor to find out.

Dear Confused

When your husbands’ sperm factor is very low it does not mean that it is impossible to conceive naturally but it simply means that it will take you much longer to achieve that. Don’t be scared the best option for you is to do a blood pregnancy test and if that is positive, well that is very good news for you.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/11/20

Dear Confused

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: WVW | 2011/11/16

Let me tell you something go for a blood test a line is a line no mater how faint you are pregnant i have friends that had the same thing the fertility specialist told them they will not get pregnant the natural way &  when she went for he scan on fertility check up she was pregnant with out any dr''s help so do another tets in 48 hours and go to your dr Keep us up dated

Reply to WVW