Posted by: Daleen | 2009-08-14

Possible preg all test neg

Hi, I am 24 and trying to conceive for 2 years now. We did some tests and found that my husband' s sperm isnt of good quality and we only have about 10% chance. There is nothing wrong with me. The last two months my period was very different, I had it for about 2 days each month only while it usualy lasts for 4-6 days. I didnt have lot of pain, where as I usually have lots of pain. I am nausious and very emotional. My mother and sister had their period up to 5months into pregnancy, so it runs in the family. My body seems different, I only gained about 1kg but my tummy looks and feels different. Are there any other signs I can check to know if I am? I did a home test and it showed positive but the blood test showed negative. Am I just daydreaming a pregnancy?

If the blood test was negative, you are not pregnant.

Posted by: Bronwyn | 2009-08-17

If your blood tests where negative, they can do another one 72 hours later, to see if your hgc levels have gone up at all. So a negative blood test isnt always a negative! My first 3 blood test (over a span of 2 weeks) where negative, yet the preg tests (about 12 of them!) where all positive. My 4th blood tests revealed i was 5 week pregnant (a week after i got the negative results!)
Good luck, i wish you all the best, i know how you feel. My pregnancy turned out to be ectopic, after all that, so i had it removed two weeks ago, along with a falipian tube.
Stay positive!!!!!

Reply to Bronwyn
Posted by: Daleen | 2009-08-17

Just a follow up-my mother and sister had their period untill 5months into pregnancy....I still hope. Doc you can be a little more sensitive please. Its hard already as it is and I need hope, I know you just say the truth but I believe if you hope and pray it will become true

Reply to Daleen
Posted by: ATTITUDE4U | 2009-08-14

I went through the same situation although my fiance' s sperm count was less than 5%.
I am however 17 weeks pregnant so it could be possible that you are pregnant.I will keep you in my thoughts.Have another blood test done.
Good Luck :o)

Posted by: J | 2009-08-14

As far as i know, a positive is always a positive, but a negative result can be wrong. Here' s hoping !!

Reply to J
Posted by: Dee | 2009-08-14

I would do the blood test again, mistakes can happen.

Reply to Dee