Posted by: Vicky Tankard | 2009-08-17

Possible Lymphedema

About a year ago i got a severely swollen left arm which was very painful, had my lymph nodes checked, xrays, MRI scan of my cervical spine and all came back normal.

Since then I have had a Stellate Ganglion Block done, within less then 72 hours i got viral pleurisy and was off work for almost 2 weeks and now i have recently been seeing an osteopath and they have now detected swollen lymph nodes in my left arm pit.

Could this be the original condition and not properly diagnosed due to the lymph nodes appearing to be normal? What treatments are there available for this condition and does the investigations entail blood tests etc?

Dear Vicky
No I think they would have picked up swollen lymph nodes on the MRI. The swollen glands could now be due to the pleurisy. Please inform your doctor anyway as they may need to do a biopsy of the glands to exclude an underlying disorder like infection or cancer.

Posted by: Vicky | 2010-01-08

I suffer from bad asthma and take Budesonide and have now got a chest infection.
I am now on heavy antibiotics - Amoxycillin 500mg 3 time daily for 7 days and coughing like crazy.
My energy levels are normal still, i am not unwell or weak, just wheezy, can i still go outside to the shops etc providing i wrap up warm as there is heavy snow here in the UK?

Just cant stand being cooped up indoors and I find the fresh air helps with my breathing.

Reply to Vicky
Posted by: Vicky Tankard | 2009-08-18

Thanks for the information, I did have Pleurisy back in April so is it normal for lymph nodes to remain swollen for that long? I had 2 strong courses of antibiotics and on a stronger inhaler - powdered type.

I am seeing my GP this saturday morning.

Reply to Vicky Tankard