Posted by: Vicky Tankard | 2009-08-16

Possible Lymphedema

About a year ago i got a severely swollen left arm which was very painful, had my lymph nodes checked, xrays, MRI scan of my cervical spine and all came back normal.

Since then I have had a Stellate Ganglion Block done, within less then 72 hours i got viral pleurisy and was off work for almost 2 weeks and now i have recently been seeing an osteopath and they have now detected swollen lymph nodes in my left arm pit.

Could this be the original condition and not properly diagnosed due to the lymph nodes appearing to be normal? What treatments are there available for this condition and does the investigations entail blood tests etc?

This is not a gynae problem. Please post to CyberDoc.