Question
Posted by: DumbDumb | 2011/07/18

Possible Infection

I''m a healthy 30 year old male and up to recently was fully aware of my HIV status. I couple of days ago after a get together with friends I got a little too intoxicated. Feeling really lonely and sad (my monogamus relationship of a year ended a month ago), I sought out the company of a sex worker. It''s an hour of my life I wish I could get back, as this is the first time I have ever done something so unbecoming. Now, flooded with feelings of guilt and regret and fear of possibly having contracted something, I am having trouble focussing. It was a stupid thing to do, for I am a successfull good looking guy, and don''t really need to resort to things like this. What do I do now? I have read that HIV will possibly only turn up in tests after 12 weeks. I was quite drunk, but I remember that a condom was used, and I also remember performing oral sex on her. Should I go see a doctor? Since this type of behaviour only manifested itself when I over indulged, should I see a life coach or counsellor? Am I a binge alcoholic? How do you quit drinking when you only do it socially with friends?

By the sound of your message you are truly regretful and beating yourself with guilt. Those are emotions best dealt with by a Professional Psychologist. A lot of people engage in activities that they regret. The most important thing is to learn your lesson and then deal with the reality at hand. The fact is that sexual intercourse have possible sexually transmitted diseases (STD’s) that can be transmitted. Over and above HIV you can also contract other STD’s and it is important to get tested as soon as possible. I recommend you seek as soon as possible the professional assistance from a medical doctor as well as a psychologist as soon as possible.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner that you could go and see as close as possible to you. You are also welcome to visit our website www.sexualhealth.co.za that makes for interesting reading.

7
Posted by: GuGu | 2011/07/19

Look Heloooo, lets face it. have you ever seen who enters whorehouses? I worked across the road from one once. (unfortunately)
Rubbish, dirty rubbish I tell you. And I only saw the ones that went there during the day !! How can these women stay clean? Impossible.
Maybe highly paid Escourt girls living in luxury and money yes, but the common everyday prostitute that cannot realy choose who she wants to have sex with and who not?
Thats when they go to drugs and alcohol etc. You cannot blame them really

Reply to GuGu
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/07/19

Reply to Sexologist
Posted by: Hellooo | 2011/07/18

GuGu. How can you make such a wild unsubstantiated statement ??? There are PLENTY of sex workers who are clean and who take care of themselves. I do agree that going down on one is something that I would do as its just TOO intimate.

Reply to Hellooo
Posted by: Babes | 2011/07/18

Going down on a sex worker..?? jeeerrr, u must never ever do dat again, i hope u stil negative!

Reply to Babes
Posted by: GuGu | 2011/07/18

Go and see a doctor. That is the only thing to do in orderto know for sure.
No need visiting her again to find out anything. She is a sex-worker and just imagine who all she has to sleep with to make money........
She OBVIOUSLY in not " clean" 

Reply to GuGu
Posted by: Possible solution | 2011/07/18

Why don''t you just go back to her, tell her your fears and establish if she is negative otherwise you will drive yourself to destruction with worry. Don''t feel bad about the moral aspects of visiting her, that is why they are there pal.

Reply to Possible solution
Posted by: Manwood | 2011/07/18

If you used a condom then you should be okay.
If your teeth start falling out, you know why...

Reply to Manwood