Question
Posted by: anxious | 2009-06-25

POSSIBLE INFECTION

CD

I phoned my gp in desperation on Sat pm because I couldn' t stop going to the loo! I was going like every 45mins - 1hr! I had already been 3/4 times in am and during the pm I went 1:30, 2:15, 3:25, 4:10 and 5:00! He suggested I take Urispas just for 3 days and see what happens, knowing that I might have to hand in a urine test to rule out an infection. I was just wondering at the time whether it had anything to do with the Ketek I was taking for my horrendous bronchitis I have recently had! I haven' t been this sick for years. All in all, I have had 3 antibiotics, Orelox, 2x Ketek and 10 days Pulmison (5 2x day, 5 1x day). By the way my mycoplasma was negative, just very bad bronchitis infection. Anyway, my question is there is no question the Urispas substantially helped with stopping my going to the loo a million times. I stopped it Tues lunch time and last night was up all night going to the loo! I prompltly piitched up at my gp' s rooms this am with a urine sample which he looked at - said he couldnt see any sign of infection (quite honestly I dont believe he thinks its the problem - I am not convinced either!) The fact that the Urisaps helped so much could it in fact be a bladder-type problem, i.e. not infection or still be an infection even though the Urispas worked?

I got another 3 days worth today - taken 1 so far. Have to phone later this pm for any possible results - I KNOW I wont get any culture results - its way too early - but he seems to say you can get some sort of indication of problems (especially with my history of kidney problems) which could give him an idea if I need any treatment. But the thing is, 9/10 times when he' s looked at my samples and it doesnt show anything, 9/10 times its not an infection problem. I know, he has to rule this option out, but why would this be different?!

I said I just want to do what ever is needed to stop going to the loo every 2 secs!

I have NEVER had it this bad before!!

Its now 2:00 - I got home 12:15 have already been 2! (1 Before I took Urispas!)

Thanks for help.

ADMINISTRATORS

Your new site IS TERRIBLE!
I should know, I' ve been using it for over 10yrs!

Hi Anxious
Go right down to the bottom of the page - click "contact us" - it will open a new window - halfway down you will see that you can contact Candice for the web page - click on the link and send her an email!

It sounds as if you now have an irritable bladder - Ketek can cause urgency so maybe this was the culprit. It should however gradually get better as the Ketek works itself out of your system. You can use the Urispas for as long as needed until it gets better - it wont' do any harm.

1
Posted by: anxious | 2009-06-25

16:45 - lab had phoned with prelim results - no signs of any infection - bladder spasm/muscle problem?!

Taking Urispas until Sun am (9) (as 1st time) - then have to see and phone if it comes back!

Reply to anxious