Posted by: Cat | 2009-03-19

Possible Hernia or just muscle tear?

A few months ago while I was doing sit ups, I felt a pop in my lower abdomen. Since then, most times when I try do sit ups, the same thing happens. I initially thought it was a pulled or torn muscle, but lately i feel that sensation whenever I sneeze. After which it is sensitive for a couple of days in that certian movements will cause slight pain in the area. I have avoided doing an ab exercises for about a month now but it hasnt seemed to heal. It is not sensitive on palpation nor is there any lump or bruising. Should I see a doctor? Is there really anything a doctor could do?

Dear Cat
Let your doctor have a look - you may have torn a muscle, if a hernia is developing it may be better to fix it sooner than later.
Dr bets