Question
Posted by: Charmain | 2009-03-26

Possible encephalitis??

Have been ill for six months, doctors have taken blood tests, no idea of what is wrong. My neck and back are sore, I am dizzy and drowsy, nauseus, fevers and chills. Bright light hurts me and I have bad headaches. Surely doctor would have picked up encephalitis or malaria in my blood tests? Please help! I am desperate to know what is wrong with me.

Dear Charmain
Encephalitis would not be going on for so long. Have you had a brainscan yet, or have you seen a neurologist? Have you had your urine tested for underlying kidney infection, and have you had a physiotherapist evaluation of your neck and back? You may have more than one problem causing this group of symptoms.

2
Posted by: Anta Swart | 2009-05-25

Started with severe ear infection, now dr says light case of encephalitis.

Reply to Anta Swart
Posted by: Charmain | 2009-03-27

Thanks. I have not yet had a brainscan but might be going to get one in the near future. I havent yet seen a neurologist but have been to 3 different doctors in the last 6 months. I have had urine tests which brought up nothing. My physio said that i' m extremely stiff in my neck and back but didnt say much more.

Reply to Charmain