Question
Posted by: Manny | 2010-07-26

Possible autism?

Great to have this forum!

I''m a bit concerned about my child being very withdrawn and appears to be in his own world all the time. Where can I have him assessed? My GP, a psychologist, an OT, or someone else?

I would really appreciate your help.

Manny

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

Hi Manny

i am not sure where in SA you live but a paediatric neurologist or educational psychologist is best for a diagnosis. i could help you more specifically if you are interested by sending me an email ex contact us. ps. Assessments are also done at the schools for children with autism but those usually have long waiting lists. Contacting any of the service providers for early intervention services might also be helpful.

1
Posted by: Autism Spectrum Expert Forum | 2010-07-28

Hi Manny

Reply to Autism Spectrum Expert Forum