Posted by: Mr. C | 2008-11-27

Possible Arthritis supected

Dear Doc

Three weeks ago I started feeling pain in my right hand that cam and dissappeard for a week. The second week I felt pain in both my hands and in the third week my elbows and feet started paining as well. A Doctor told me it was Arthritus and told me to start using some Arthgaurd pills to relieve the pain.
Firstly, am I doomed for life to deal with this pain or can it get better.
Secondly, is it important to go for bloodtests to establish wich type of Arthitis I have.
Thirdly, if this cannot be cured is it a case of continious deteration or can damage actualy be healed and restored.
I am an 38 year old mail and dred the thought of being in a wheelchair later in life.
Please give some urgent advice.

Thanking you

Dear Mr C
I think it is important to go for blood tests as treatment would depend on exactly what is causing this - could be gout or Rheumatoid arthritis or infectious arthritis or just a viral infection that will pass.