Posted by: Concerned | 2013-02-18

I am 10 weeks pregnant and already did my hiv status and other blood tests for my pregnancy and I tested negative, last night i had sex with my ex boyfriend and the condom broke, after it broke we continued without it but he did not cum inside me. now he tells me he is HIV positive, what are the chances of him having infected me and my bby?

please do not judge me and only advise.

Thank you a million

As HIV is spread through the transmission of body fluids, and he did not ejaculate intravaginally, the likelihood is reduced. That said, depending on his viral load, he may pose a high risk of infecting via the "precum" fluids which may also carry the virus (albeit in lower concentrations than blood or semen). It is important to have yourself checked out and to discuss this with a clinic sister ASAP because, if in the event that you have been infected, there are still ways to protect your baby.

Claire - SASHA

Posted by: sucker | 2013-02-21

why ??? you preg, and you give your ex ... now you paying.

Reply to sucker
Posted by: mandy | 2013-02-19

Sorry dear you don''t have to mess your current relationship just go to the clinic and then pray your not positive and make sure you do no longer cheat,its a sign that you must stop

Reply to mandy
Posted by: colleen | 2013-02-19

After going to the clinic fast, make you lover aware that you have cheated and how the situation is because he has a right to know what risk he is facing . On the other hand, please move on, I Know how we tend to cling to the past but its definetly now worth it. You will loose everything over nothing, just stop. plead with your heart to go on.

Reply to colleen
Posted by: Annie | 2013-02-19

Did you know that he is HIV????

Reply to Annie
Posted by: t | 2013-02-18

Theres this treatment that they normally give ppl like u, this treatment normally is given to women who have been raped( in 24hours) so that they should not get the HI Virus, so hurry, go to the clinic and explain your situation, ul get help.

Reply to t
Posted by: Sam | 2013-02-18

I think there is a possibility you could have gotten infected because of sexual fluids. I sure hope not! Please go and see a doctor, just to be sure. Good luck!!

Reply to Sam