Question
Posted by: DIDI | 2009-05-06

POSSIBILITY OF CONCEIVING

Last year November i took Depo for the first time and i was supposed to go to the clinic in January for my second injection but i decided not to go again and i started menstruating for 2 weeks and i went to see the doctor and she prescribed pills that i should take for ten days and once the menstruation starts i should use Marvelon but i have stopped it for seven days now and today i have started to menstruate again and my last period was on the 26 April .What are my chances of having a baby because me and my husband are trying for a baby .

Dear Didi

If you are trying for a baby then I suggest that you do not use the Marvelon or any other contraceptive tablets, as we know that the injection Depo Provera does take a while to wear out of your body. Eventually your periods will return to normal and once they return to normal then you have an equal chance as everybody else in achieving a baby.

Answered by: Dr. Y.M. Dasoo

1

I recently had two ovarian cysts removed. they were 5cm each. Dr gave me an injection for the ovary to sleep, my 3 months of healing is over and i have to go back next week.. Would it now be difficult to conceive normal and quick.. They also checked my tubes and womb,, its clear and fine