Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2012/10/26

Possibility

Is it possible to have Schizophrenia and Bipolar at the same time? And which one is better to have?

I know of nothing in the Constitution that forbids it. But its rather unlikely and unusual. Usually, a careful diagnosis by an experienced older psychiatrist familiar with the variations of each condition, and the criteria used to make the diagnoses, should be able to identify the correct diagnosis of one of them. Some people do have what was called a Schizo-affective disorder with some features of each. A proper diagnosis is important to help decide on the best treatments.
I understand why you ask, but one can't quite say which is "better to have", because both vary very widely in how severe and chronic they are. best would be to have either, in a form which responds well to treatment. Its a bit like asking about "cancer" - there are forms of cancer which could kill you tomorrow, and others you can cure or live with for decades.

1