Question
Posted by: Tom | 2012/09/25

Positive thinking

To give you a bit of background im 20 and from the UK. Throughout my teens i struggled with depression, anxiety, anger problems etc. These days im slightly more level headed and the majority of all that is just about under control. However i still struggle with negative thinking and i believe this is why things havent completely fallen into place for me. I believe it all stems from positive thinking but i struggle so much to get into that mindset and recently ive noticed that it is effecting my day to day life. i know that if i can get into a better frame of mind and practice positive thinking then life will be a lot easier and a lot more pleasant, i suppose what im trying to find out is... how do i actually do this? i know it sounds simple and to some degree easy and to others i imagine it is, but for me it is proving to be so difficult, does anyon have any suggestions?

Simple positive thinking isn't always enough to dispel a depression, but its always very useful. This is a reason why CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) is so successful, as part of its work is to help one learn to revise negative attitudes and develop skills are seeing and implementing positive attitudes towards life.

2
Posted by: Leila | 2012/09/26

Wow! You are ALREADY thinking positive!! Just by TRYING to do so you are well on your way to a better lifestyle! :)
You are not realizing it but its happening!
Do you have any family here? Dont you have any exciting hobbies?

Reply to Leila