Question
Posted by: D''lia | 2011/01/17

POSITIVE

Dr

Please help. I recently appointed a young lady in her early 30''s to do some domestic tasks in my house. After noticing that she takes tablets, I asked her what it was for. She hestitated for while but then told me she was HIV. She is a lovely person and I really would do everything in my power to help her, she has a little girl of 2 that is negative. She struggles financially so I can''t just let her go. She eats very little, but has a lot of energy. Awaiting your reply.

Dear D"lia
There is no reason why she can't work if she is on treatment and strong enough to work. What you should do is ensure that she regularly goes for her checkups and takes her tablets that prevent TB and pneumonia. HIV is only contagious by blood or sexual transmission so having her working for you is not a danger to you or your family. Ensure that she gets a flu vaccine and goes for treatment early when she does get sick with an infection like flu or bronchitis.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/17

Dear D"lia