Question
Posted by: LALA | 2008/07/28

POS

Hello doctor. 23 years old and was to gynae last week. She says my ovaries are a bit enlarged, what does that mean? Then she said my ovaries looks polisistic.I have a heart valve (tricuspid) that does not close properly and I smoke.The gynae says she refuses to put me on birth control because of these factors.The cardiologist doesn' t make that big of a fuss about my condition and I don' t use madication for this.What are my options if she doesn' t want to prescribe minerva because of my smoking? I did test for insulin but don' t think its that,rather POS.Please help.Much appreciated!!

My suggestion would be that you stop smoking. Smoking and the Pill can increase your chances of heart and blood pressure problems.