Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2010/02/26

Portion 2157

Apologies i wasnt aware. You said protein is 30g per a meal ( 1 portion) is it 30 of the actual meat or must the protein content total 30g
thanks

Dear Stacey
That's fine and thank you for posting another Message. I said that the portion size for high-protein foods, is 30 g of the food, thus 30 g of cooked red or white meat, 30 g of chicken and other poultry, 30 g of cooked or canned fish and 50g for 1 egg. How many protein portions you eat in a given meal is up to you, although in general 3 protein portions are regarded as more than adequate to provide the 56 g of protein recommended for adults per day.
Hope this helps?

1

Dear Stacey
Hope this helps?