Question
Posted by: Angelique | 2010/04/21

Porphyria and "   Pheda-Cut Stimulant Free"    Weight Control tablets

Dear Doc,
I have Porphyria and would like to use Phedra-Cut Stimulant Free, Wight Control tablets (as I also have mild Barlow Syndrome). I have gone to see my GP and the pharmacist at Dischem, but no one was able to tell me if the ingredients in here would be safe for use in a Porphyria positive person. I have the stomach one..not the skin. Do you perhaps have a person/place that could help with this?
I tried one of those Simply slim tables, and ended up with in one hour not being able to breath and heart palpitations.

The incrediants in Phedra-Cut Stimulant Free: L-Camitine Fumarate, L-Carnitine Tartrate, Garcinia Cambogia (60% HCA), Gymnema sylvestra, Pyruvate, Chromium ploynicotinate, Selenium chelate, Pantothenic acid, 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) and Phaseolus Vurgaris (E4:1) and Bioperine (95% Piperine Extract).
I am really scared to take it, but they representative of USN said it would be fine....I just need proper confirmation.
Thanking you for your time.
Kind Regards.

Dear Angelique
I can also not confirm if you can take Phedra-Cut Stimulant Free if you suffer from porphyria because the herbal extracts may or may not react with your condition. All I can suggest is that you contact the Medicines Control Council in Pretoria (phone 1023 and ask for their telephone no). My advice, esp after your highly dangerous experience with Simply Slim tablets, is that you AVOID taking ANY over-the-counter slimming pills. Rather safe than sorry. Use a balanced slimming diet and plenty of aerobic exercise to achieve weightloss without exposing yourself to potentially dangerous reactions. You can achieve excellent weightloss without these pills and potions, which in your case could even be fatal.
Take care

1

Dear Angelique
Take care