Question
Posted by: H. | 2011/07/15

porphyria

My body is currently battling something and everything points to porphyria. While my neurologist hasn''t yet diagnosed me with it, I have every single symptom except one - my urine isn''t a strange colour. Is it possible for a person to have porphyria without the most tell-tale sign? Thanks, H.

Porphyria is a complex disease and I really suggest that you refer to the following article to get a clear idea about this condition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porphyria

Urinary changes are not indicative of porphyria and therefore, you can have porphyria if your urine is not a strange colour.