Posted by: Lisa | 2009-01-30

Pornography on daughter' s cell phone

I recently received mms from a pornography site on my phone and could not understand whre it came from. I saked my 11 yr old daughter and she told me that she doesn' t know. I later discovered the same mms'  on my daughters phone, whereupon she admitted to watching porn with friends, " once or twice" .
She assured me that she won' t do it again, but what am I to do, since it' s very difficult to trust her now.

I gather that "once or twice" is enough for many sites to find ways to send out such messages and other attempts to persuade you to return.
Privacy is a relevant issue in regard to adults --- children are not entitled to "private" sexual and other illicit conversations or connections without their parents knowledge, any more than a child could claim "Privacy" as the basis for taking a strange man into her bedroom and locking the door.
Obviously you need to discuss this with her on an ongoing basis --- not in the context of acusations and apologies, and gently explore her understandings and misunderstandings about sex and relationships.

Posted by: Sammy | 2009-01-30

Well i found exactly the same on my 12yr sister cell.
on her internet history there were porn sites which was visited.When i check her downloads i got what looked like porn games and videos...(which had been deleted.
I didn' t know what to do as i never even knew things like that existed until my late teens.
I said nothing as her cell is always locked and only she and her friends know the password so i shouldn' t have been on it in the first place.

Cs always mentions privacy and stuff but what when it comes to things like this...
Kids are exposed to these things at such a young age , does it no cause them harm?Im mean they even make these videos of themselves engaging in sex and distribute it amoung friends.Whats happening to our youth.
Cs what would be the correct way to deal with this?

Reply to Sammy